Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: no posts on facebook

no posts on facebook 5 years 2 months ago #9541

Hi, we're using the component + plugin (since this december) but to date haven't had any success posting to facebook,
we've followed the guides, looked in the forum, but the only test we've managed to publish was with a certainly strange method,
using 'normal' method, create app in development, add permissions, OAuth redirection valid from component channel editor, then create content. When saving articles the Joomla indicates 'post successful', and the post gets sent to Facebook but only the user that configured the app on facebook views the post, even other page admins (fb page admins, that have not created the app on fb, but can edit content on the page) cannot see this posts, also public users (that visit the page) cannot see the posts either.

then, the 'strange' method that worked for us,
using the facebook app in development, save article from Joomla and then make publish app in facebook, only THEN the posted link gets public and other users are able to see it.
It maybe work like this but it's not an automated method, furthermore, we cannot ask the web administrators to enters developers.facebook.com every single time they publish new content to unpublish-republish the app in order to not to get errors when posting but to have the posts available to general fb public,

any help in troubleshooting this behaviour would be greatly appreciated,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

no posts on facebook 5 years 1 month ago #9638

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello ignacio uson rodriguez
Today we have updated new version 6.5 and fixed this problem. Now please help me download new version and install in your site and help me chekc it again
Best regards
Bach Pham

no posts on facebook 5 years 1 month ago #9681

Hi, just re-tested again,
this time we created a new account on the component (in order to test all the process) to no avail,
the get tooken button gives a Validation Error! message from JS-popup,

(also the app in developers.facebook is still in development mode, web platform added and oauth redirect created to the account edit page on the site's component --the same as all the previous attempts--)

can you provide further instructions as to how to troubleshoot this problem?

many thanks in advance.

no posts on facebook 5 years 1 month ago #9685

• Super User
  • Administrator
Hello
Today we have fixed a problem in version 6.5 now please help me download new version fixed in joomcore.com/downloads and help me check it again
Best regards
Bach Pham

no posts on facebook 5 years 1 month ago #9687

I don't think I fully understand, sorry... last week you said you fixed it in v 6.5, we checked using that version 6.5 and posted with the new error ... and today you just refixed v 6.5 again? So we redownload the same version again? or is it a new version? it's a bit confusing... either that or you just have no new version after 6.5 which, again, we already tested to no avail...

We'll look forward to some new information asap.

Thanks

no posts on facebook 5 years 1 month ago #9689

• Super User
  • Administrator
Hello
In last week we updated component to version 6.5 and change function get access token but yesterday we detect a problem in feature get access token and we have fixed it and not change to version
Now please help me go to site joomcore.com/downloads and download again version and install in your site and check it
Best regards
Bach Pham
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds