Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Customer's Requests

TOPIC: Social Locker - A Floating Box

Social Locker - A Floating Box 9 years 10 months ago #804

I am a user of the jo_social_content_locker.

It is a very good plug-in, however it could be more effective for many of us if you can add this option:

The locker does not lock the content. Rather, it shows a locker box floating above the content (for example in the center of the browser window).

It will always be in the same position in the page no matter where the user scroll the page, and making the user a little bit uncomfortable to read the article behind it -> the user will click 'like' to make this box go away.

This will benefit us in two ways:

1. Unlike the original locker, now the user can read the content. While for some contents we want to use the original First Intro Paragraph + Locker method, but for a lot of other articles, we do want the users to see the content, while increasing the like rate.
2. The original locker model may be against Facebook's TOS, because it relies on the incentive for user to click like. This is a particular problem for our authority/larger sites, as we can't risk violating the TOS. While the above method has less risk for violating TOS.

Please consider the above suggestion. (If nothing else, being the first post in the Customer's Requests forum should have some value right?)

Thank you very much.
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Wade Beach.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Social Locker - A Floating Box 9 years 10 months ago #806

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hi
Oh. thank you for have idea great. We will review it and update it in next version :D
Best regards
Bach Pham

Social Locker - A Floating Box 9 years 8 months ago #1125

Facebook has changed its platform policy this week, banning social content lockers.
This makes my suggestion more important because I believe this is the only way to avoid violating the new TOS.

www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/socia...d-likes-content.html

You should also consider using click events rather than confirmation from Facebook as trigger for successful liking (to avoid being detected by Facebook which can lead to banning of the domain as a whole).
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Wade Beach.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds