Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
JO Social Auto Publish for K2

TOPIC: Business Logic Confusion

Business Logic Confusion 8 years 6 months ago #2678

Hi,

We just purchased your Joomla Component JO Social Auto Publish for K2 and we are trying to wrap our heads around some confusion regarding some of the business logic put into this component.

1. When the setting for "Posted when Save article" is set to "Yes", the component posts the article to social media, even if the K2 item publish status is set to "No". I am not quite sure why it would post an "Unpublished" article and has no checking for the publish status of the item? Wouldn't this be better served as "Post when Saved and Published"? Then have 2 hooks in place to post when an article is saved, but only if the publish status is set to "Yes", and another hook in the K2 item list page to post an un-posted article when the publish status changes to yes?

2. When the setting for "Posted when Save article" is set to "No" and the K2 item is saved with the appropriate social networks checked, the Article is not posted to social networks but "Articles Posted" tab page states that the article was posted. I am not sure why this tab page would state that the article was posted to social networks when it clearly was not. This can lead to confusion when there are multiple authors, editors and publishers on K2 items. There would be no way to find out if the article was actually posted, from this screen, unless you manually access the social media site and search for the article('s) in question. Then a user would have to select those article('s) in the "Articles Posted" tab and hit the "Post again to social" button.

3. Facebook and Twitter have a screen to allow an administrator to view and delete posts on their respected social site through the "Posts Manager on" link. However, the only one that actually works is Twitter. The Facebook link has no posts listed on it. Be aware that our setup is restricted to post to a particular users page on Facebook, not the general timeline through the "Post to page" setting. Also, not sure why there is not a "Posts Manager" interface for Linkedin when there is one for the other 2 social sites?

Other then the issues posted above, this component seems to work as intended.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds