Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
JO Responsive Instagram Photo Gallery

TOPIC: Can I make the images square in the gallery?

Can I make the images square in the gallery? 6 years 8 months ago #5710

• Pamchal
Dear Bach Pham,

I have checked the page but the problem is not solved yet. Let me explain you again with two different approaches to solve it:

1- You change the thumbnail dimensions in fixed size by css, lets say 250px*250px. Now, if the original photo size is for example 800px*300px, the photo in the thumbnail will be reshaped not proportionally, meaning that the photo is more compressed (resized) in length compare to its width, consequently, the thumbnail look very stupid specially when its a portrait. Although all the thumbnail are in the same size and aligned now!

2- You crop the original photo from its center in fixed size by css, lets say 250px*250px. Now, since the photo is just cropped from its center by 250px*250px, there is no "compression or reshaping" in any dimension of the original photo which makes the thumbnails look clean, aligned and all in the same size.

Now, what you've done as the solution, is "number 1" (explained above), which makes the thumbnails weird, specially in the case of faces. What I am asking for is to solve the problem as "number 2" (explained above) to solve the problem in a proper way!

By the way, it seems the module is not playing the videos! Could you please check that out as well and see if it needs to be fixed too?

I am looking forward to your solution and help.

Thanks in advance,
Pamchal
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pamchal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I make the images square in the gallery? 6 years 8 months ago #5712

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello
Now we not set height default for the image and i think now it work fine. The height image will auto resize, Please help me check again
And we are checked video
Best regards
Bach Pham

Can I make the images square in the gallery? 6 years 8 months ago #5716

• Pamchal
Hi again,

First of all, good job, it is now getting way better than before but yet, it has problem with showing pictures with having narrow length, like for example a length of 420px. When the length is less than a certain amount (which I don't know how much yet!) the rest of the thumbnail block will be left by the background color, blue as the standard bg.

I have changed the insta source (User ID) that now you can also see what I mean, please check it out and you will find the thumbnail photos where some of their blocks are filled with the bg color (blus).

I added a css code to to line 80 in instagramjournal.css file to make up for the problem as below:
min-height: 100%

with "mid-height: 100%" the rest of the block is also filled by the photo BUT the problem is that now, with adding that up, the photo in the thumbnail is stretched in the height and not becoming large enough to cover the whole thumbnail block!

Could you please fix that too?

I know you are working on the video problem but just wanted to say that it is till doesn't play the videos.

Looking forward to your solution for the problems,

Thanks in advance,
Pamchal
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pamchal.

Can I make the images square in the gallery? 6 years 8 months ago #5717

• Pamchal
Hi again,

I thought it is better to say this in another reply cause I just found out that unfortunately, the very same problems apply to other modes (Collage, Section, Large, Infinity) as well that must get fixed too!

So, if you please, solve the same problem for the other Modes too.

I am waiting and thank you,
Pamchal

Can I make the images square in the gallery? 6 years 8 months ago #5742

• Pamchal
Hi there,

I am still waiting!!
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds