Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some errors and no pictures in frontend

Some errors and no pictures in frontend 8 years 8 months ago #2535

Since Joomla 3.4.3 i just get error messages and no photos anymore in frontend.
In backend i can see photos.

Strict Standards: Non-static method JoFacebookHelper::file_get_contents_curl() should not be called statically in /home/indoorfl/public_html/administrator/components/com_jofacebookgallery/helpers/jofacebookhelper.php on line 57

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 209 of 255 bytes in /home/indoorfl/public_html/components/com_jofacebookgallery/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 64

Do you have new version yet?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some errors and no pictures in frontend 8 years 8 months ago #2538

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello
Can you send me joomla administrator via contact form? So we can check and help you
Best regards
Bach Pham

Some errors and no pictures in frontend 8 years 3 months ago #3113

You probably upgraded from an older version and did not update the DB. I'm saying this because the same happened to me. Can't tell you exactly which versions, sry. But the problem is this:

Some varchar column lengths are/were too short (255) which causes serialized object from the Facebook graph to be truncated. And they can't be unserialized anymore (technically they are corrupted).

Easy fix: rerun the install SQL script. (Your existing data will be dropped!!!) Check your install package: com_jofacebookgallery_jl_3.x_unzipped/admin/sql/install.sql

Alternatively, if you did not upgrade or don't have the latest version, manually go through the tables and change the problematic columns from varchar to text. I haven't taken the time to found out which exactly. At least #__jofbpt_photo.source. Quick search in the install script for all text columns yields this:
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_albums` (
`fbpage` text NOT NULL,
`from` text NOT NULL,
`description` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_category` (
`fbpage` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_photo` (
`from` text NOT NULL,
`tags` text NOT NULL,
`source` text NOT NULL,
`images` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_settings` (
`value` longtext,

Some errors and no pictures in frontend 8 years 3 months ago #3114

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
methemightymo wrote:
You probably upgraded from an older version and did not update the DB. I'm saying this because the same happened to me. Can't tell you exactly which versions, sry. But the problem is this:

Some varchar column lengths are/were too short (255) which causes serialized object from the Facebook graph to be truncated. And they can't be unserialized anymore (technically they are corrupted).

Easy fix: rerun the install SQL script. (Your existing data will be dropped!!!) Check your install package: com_jofacebookgallery_jl_3.x_unzipped/admin/sql/install.sql

Alternatively, if you did not upgrade or don't have the latest version, manually go through the tables and change the problematic columns from varchar to text. I haven't taken the time to found out which exactly. At least #__jofbpt_photo.source. Quick search in the install script for all text columns yields this:
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_albums` (
`fbpage` text NOT NULL,
`from` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_category` (
`fbpage` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_photo` (
`from` text NOT NULL,
`tags` text NOT NULL,
`source` text NOT NULL,
`images` text NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL,
CREATE TABLE `#__jofbpt_settings` (
`value` longtext,

Hello methemightymo
In new version we have change `images` text NOT NULL (old is varchar 255), and when you install upgrade the database not change so you need uninstall old version before install new version
Best regards
Bach Pham
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds