Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multiple Timezones for events

Multiple Timezones for events 7 years 2 months ago #4754

I have JO Facebook Events installed on an Australian website, displaying a FB events page that lists events for locations across multiple time zones. At the moment, the times displayed on the events listing are all showing one time zone.

I received some complaints that event times were off, and that for some events volunteers showed up an hour late.

What has to be done to configure the extension and/or FB to make it so that events in different time zones display correctly?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple Timezones for events 7 years 2 months ago #4755

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello
Just add it after line 13 which is on top of the modules/mod_jo_facebook_events/tmlp/default.php like this.

defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
date_default_timezone_set('Australia/Sydney');

Best regards
Bach Pham
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Super User.

Multiple Timezones for events 7 years 2 months ago #4757

Hi -

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately the patch didn't fix the issue. It simply shifted everything from Perth time to Sydney time.

Here's the page in question: www.seashepherd.org.au/marinedebris/get-.../cleanup-events.html

Here's the FB page we're pulling from: www.facebook.com/SSAUBeachCleanUps/events/?ref=page_internal

You'll notice that on FB events range from UTC+8 to UTC+11. They display the correct local time on FB, but incorrect local time on the extension.

I can see where this could be an issue with any large country like Australia, US, Russia, China, with multiple time zones.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Multiple Timezones for events 7 years 2 months ago #4758

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Can you send me joomla admin via contact form? So we can check and help you
Best regards
Bach Pham
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds