Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10064

• tanja
Hello again,
We have activated SSL at the domain, Facebook has accepted Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. New website is currently in sub-folder of the domain. When we save account in Joomla backend, and try to connect to Facebook, we get the following error message:

Invalid Scopes: user_posts, manage_pages, publish_to_groups, publish_pages. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

What should we do?
Thanks,
Tanja
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10065

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello tanja
In your Facebook application you need set Status is off (development) you can see image prnt.sc/kb6oqu and help me check it again
Best reagrds
Bach Pham

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10070

• tanja
Hi,
We uninstalled and again installed JO Auto Facebook, created new application set up as you instructed. Everything seems to work except for the most important thing - content published to Facebook is visible only to me when I'm logged in. Public cannot see these posts.
When I was confirming the information on FB user / page administrator, there was no option 'Public' (as in your instructions) and could not choose it, and Facebook showed brief notification that there are some limitations in use of your plugin.
How do we resolve this issue and make all posts made with your extension public in FB?
Thanks.

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10071

• Super User
  • Administrator
Hello tanja
Thank you for question
If you want all the article post to Facebook alway public you need supmit your Facebook application to Facebook review but it very hard and take a lot of time. You can see guide submit a Facebook application here: developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-lo...eview/how-to-submit/
and helpdesk.mailbeez.com/518008-How-to-subm...plication-for-review
So we have add a solution and in new version please help me a NOTE Very important: When you start and use this feature auto post you need set Status: In Development (See image prnt.sc/owcdtt and ) and vice versa setting Status: Live when you no run this function (See image prnt.sc/owcecu ). You need set Status: Live when you no run function auto post because all the users facebook only can see see your article your post to facebook when you set Status: Live
1) the first you need config Facebook application Status: development
2) Now you can post the articles to facebook. You can post any the articles to Facebook and you not need config Status of Facebook application again.
3) After you post all the article to Facebook and now you not want ost any articles to Facebook please hepl me set status: live and close.

We will updated component when Facebook have any change for this problem because in this time Facebook update for security and we will noty for you after have change
Best regards
Bach Pham

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10072

• tanja
Hello,
That option you described is not good for us. We have to publish content to Facebook continuously, every day, and it will be done by people who cannot mess with Facebook applications.
If I understand correctly, we purchased the extension that cannot function properly with current FB settings unless we continuously adjust status Public / In development?
Thanks.

Facebook refuses valid OAuth redirect URLs 4 years 6 months ago #10074

• Super User
  • Administrator
Hello
Time ago if you is admin of Facebook App you not need submit Facebook app to Facebook review and you have all permission and all the article post to Facebook is publish. But in 2018 after Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal, Facebook have some change and now if you want using all permission you need submit Facebook App to Facebook review, But it verry hard. If you have can submit your Facebook app to Facebook review you can post the articles to Facebook and all the articles will publish and you not need set Status for Facebook APP
We have try all the solution for this problem (Hack session login Facebook) but after time facebook run check and will block account so we have remove this solution. And now set Status is solution temporary and unique in this time. We will check and if facebook have any updated for this problem we will updated componnet and update free for you
Best regards
Bach Pham
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds