Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5476

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hi
We have configure again i think now is good. You can check it here: testingtesting123.cantatechoir.net/audiotest
Best regards
Bach Pham
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5483

Hi Bach Pham,

Unfortunately I am not seeing a change. The version of Firefox I am using is 53.0.3 (32-bit), on Windows-7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 with all updates to-date (no touch screen). I have also checked it on a laptop (Windows 10 Home edition).

On this workstation PC I have also tried using Firefox in safe-mode, which eliminates all add-ons and personal settings. I get the same results every time. (The safe-mode is in Firefox, not the PC).

The folowing detail is interesting...

After completely restarting the pc and starting Firefox (either normally or in safe-mode) I am able to drag-and-drop an item one single time without oops behavior. Repeating a drag-and-drop - on the same item or another one - I get the oops behavior consistently.

I get the same result - one time only without oops behavior - on the Laptop.

Merely logging off and logging back in does not give me the one single time: it has to be a computer restart.

However...
When I do the same thing on your site www.demo.joomcore.com/joomla32/index.php/jo-audio-player I can repeat the drag-and-drop any number of times with no oops behavior. So, either something must be different between the two sites or there is something else I don't understand.

(It's still only in Firefox I am seeing this.)

The subdomain site has different administrator credentials and a different database tables prefix from the main site. So - if there is anything else you would like to try - you would be free to change anything on the subdomain site. (For example, unpublish or delete or install other extensions, modules, etc.) I have now changed the Site Name under Global Configuration/Site tab/Site Settings by one letter from Cantate to Santate, which is an easy way to verify immediately from the front end or the back end that the subdomain site is pulled up.

Rich

p.s. (4 hours later) One difference between the sites could have to do with T3-Framework. Your demo site does not use it. T3-Framework uses quite a lot of js scripts. Could that be a factor? There could be a JO Audio Player jQuery variable which for some reason does not get reset or reinitialized "correctly" after a drag-and-drop operation in Firefox on a T3-Framework site.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Richard Howell.

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5487

Hi Bach Pham,

In my localhost testing I have obtained at least some consistent behavior with Firefox by doing the following...

(1) switch the template style for the AudioTest page to Beez3 - Default (eliminates any T3-Framework concerns, and does seem to be necessary);

(2) change the template position of the JO Audio Player module from Purity_iii mast-col to Beez3 position-12 (a simple change to get it to show, otherwise probably not important);

(3) replace jQuery-min.js v.1.12.4 with the version used on your demo site, jQuery-min.js v.1.11.2;

(4) in Firefox go to Tools/Web Developer/Responsive Design Mode with a screen size of 320x480. (The size is necessary; no luck with other sizes.)

With all of those changes together I can sort (drag-and-drop) the playlist items repeatedly and not encounter oops behavior.

So, although this is not a final resolution, it gives a clue that Firefox is being particular about compatibility of the version of the jQuery UI (from jqueryui.com) with the version of jQuery the site (page) chooses to use ( - whether caused by JO Audio Player or some other extension in use by the site), and possibly with the jQuery version the JO Audio Player is written for.

There might be some other behavior which is affected, and therefore something I'm missing, of course. For example, the player version I am using for the test does not include random play. (No experience with that.)

(I haven't tested or changed anything on the subdomain site - except the site name field, as mentioned in previous post.)

I think this counts as progress.

Rich

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5488

• Super User
  • Administrator
Hi Rich
Thank for your information!
Best regards
Bach Pham

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5494

Hi Bach Pham,

I think I am beginning to understand this better now - even though I don't have the answer immediately. But I think you will find this interesting.

For most web pages a browser window contains a vertical scroll bar. Of course, a vertical scroll bar doesn't appear if the height of the page being viewed is less than the height of the browser window. When viewing pages in which a scroll bar doesn't appear at first, a bar can usually be made to appear by reducing the height of the browser window (asuming it is not maximized). (Please accept my apologies if this sounds too elementary! I think you will see why I'm bothering with this paragraph!)

In Firefox, go to your demo page www.demo.joomcore.com/joomla32/index.php/jo-audio-player.

For the first round of tests, be sure there is a scroll bar showing, and start with the it set at the highest possible position - i.e. with the top edge of the page completely visible.

In the "DEMO 2" Player, drag the playlist item "Tim_McMorris_-_Be_My_Valentine" up by one position. During hover the item is highlighted and the first item in the playlist, which was highlighted from the page load, remains highlighted too. When the downclick occurs, the mouse pointer changes to a cross, the item remains highlighted and the first track in the list remains highlighted. When the mouse is released, the mouse pointer changes back to a hand, the dragged item remains highlighted and the first track in the list is no longer highlighted. The dragged track starts to play. This is oops behavior: not what was wanted. Pause the playing. (For the general case we can say... if the dragged track had already been the one playing, play would have started over again at the beginning.)

(For completeness I should mention... Just in case it should turn out you don't get this result with the first drag, try a second drag.)

Now, move the browser window scroll bar down a bit, so that about 50px or so at the top edge of the page is hidden. For example, leave the header text "Joomcore Extensions" fully visible, but only just.

Before continuing, reload the page. After the page is fully loaded, check that the scroll bar has not moved.

Again, drag the playlist item "Tim_McMorris_-_Be_My_Valentine" up by one position. Again, during hover the item is highlighted and the first item in the playlist remains highlighted. While the item is being dragged, this time it suddenly jumps down to a new position. The distance it jumps seems to be related to the number of pixels which are now hidden at the top edge of the page. (It might be the full number of pixels scrolled, or a percentage: that is a piece of the puzzle which is interesting but not urgent to solve right now!) More important, when it jumps, it is no longer highlighted. When the mouse is released, the dragged item is still no longer highlighted except in response to hover. Nothing starts to play. This is not oops behavior: it is okay.

Actually, it's not quite correct in all respects, because the jumping during dragging is actually a quirk. That is something which occurs with Safari on iOS also, though not exactly the same way. (In that situation, with a very small screen, having another scrollbar for the playlist itself can create a bit of a problem with these tests.)

But - in this case - there is a clue that we will not have oops behavior before the mouse is released: the clue is that during dragging the item loses its highlighting. During dragging, highlighting transfers to whichever other item becomes under the drag-cross, and vanishes when the drag-cross is over an empty space. With that assurance, we can predict that whichever item was highlighted before dragging will remain highlighted after the mouse is released. Again, in that respect the behavior is okay.

Knowing this, we can now move the browser window scrollbar to-and-fro first to the top, then down a bit again, without reloading the page. The oops behavior and okay behavior on dragging is now predictable.

Now, if the display is tall enough to display the page without a vertical scrollbar, repeat the test. The result is oops behavior. Even if the display is not tall enough at first, it should be possible to see the whole page by changing the zoom of the browser window. For example, with a zoom of 30% the test can still be done - even though the text is hard to read.

Do please let me know if you are able to obtain this behavior too. (All of this is with Firefox).

I think that's about as far as I can go with it, with what I have. In order to work more on it I would need to have non-minified versions of at least the js and css files contained in the JO Audio Player module - perhaps others too - I can't be sure.

Thank you again for looking at this.
Rich

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 9 months ago #5495

• Super User
  • Administrator
Yes. We will check and updated js for module fixed this problem
Thank you so much
Best regards
Bach Pham
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds