Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 10 months ago #5496

Thank you, Bach Pham. Please let me know when there is a new version to test.

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 10 months ago #5497

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hello Richard Howell
Yes, We will notify for you after we updated and fixed the problem successfully
Best regards
Bach Pham

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 10 months ago #5507

Hi Bach Pham,

The following two changes correct the specific problems using Firefox. I wish they also corrected the jumping/wrong-helper-positioning using iOS-Safari and Chrome when the page is scrolled, but they do not. So it could be that these changes should not be implemented. But in iOS-Safari and Chrome there is not (and was not) an oops-behavior issue, only a visual issue when the page is scrolled.

There is a long-standing discussion of the jumping/wrong-helper-positioning issue at this link...
stackoverflow.com/questions/5791886/jque...-after-page-scrolled

There is also an old closed bug report at this link...
bugs.jqueryui.com/ticket/3740

It seems that some updates to the jquery-ui interface have solved the visual issue, while later updates have created it again.

The two changes which correct the problem in Firefox are in the file...
\modules\mod_jo_audio_player\assets\js\jquery.html5audio.min.js

(1) Remove oops behavior by invoking the clone option by finding the text...
cursor:"move",
and inserting immediately after the comma...
helper:"clone",

Without this change the helper has the default value of "original" which causes the oops behavior.

(2) Remove issues with jumping/wrong-helper-position in Firefox when the page is scrolled by deleting the following text...
u.bind("sortstart", function(a,b){b.helper.css("margin-top",Md.scrollTop())}),u.bind("sortbeforestop",function(a,b){b.helper.css("margin-top","1px")}),

Perhaps a new thread should be started on the jumping/wrong-helper-position issue in iOS-Safari and Chrome. I do not know if it exists in other browsers too. Or perhaps this thread should be kept open until that issue is also solved - in case the solution to that issue leads to change (2) above being wrong. To me it seems unlikely that change (1) would be affected; but that's just my guess.

Rich

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 10 months ago #5511

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 278
Hi Richard Howell
Thank for your information! It very importand for me
Have a nice day
Best regards
Bach Pham

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 10 months ago #5531

Hi Bach Pham,

You might find this interesting. Although it concerns Google Chrome it does have a connection with the original issue here as it has evolved, I think.

Using the Developer Tools in Chrome it is possible to see that the Audio Player module loads differently depending on the module parameter "playlist_height". When the height is more than adequate to contain the playlist elements - or set to "auto" - there is no need for a scrollbar; and the divs which load, starting with playlistHolder, are...
div.playlistHolder
div.componentPlaylist
div.playlist_inner
ul#playlistXXX

When the height is less than adequate (scrollbar called for) the divs which load are...
div.playlistHolder
div.componentPlaylist
.jspScrollable
div.jspContainer
div.jspPane
(with sibling div.jspVerticalBar)
div.playlist_inner
ul#playlistXXX

I think it might help if the two additional divs could be loaded regardless. That would be a more uniform situation to work with, in terms of constraints on the helper when being dragged - and inconsistent behavior.

Using Chrome Developer Tools to watch the styling of the element div.componentPlaylist when playlist_height is either more than adequate or set to auto, it is possible to see how that changes after re-ordering the playlist once, twice, three times, and so forth. Particularly the "overflow" property of that div.

Scrolling the page a bit highlights inconsistent behavior when re-ordering the elements by dragging under these conditions, too.

I have been working with a very basic version of my audio-test page using the Protostar template. I have not added that page to the testing subdomain site, but I can do so if you would like me to.

Rich

Playlist items sortable drag-and-drop in Firefox 6 years 8 months ago #5747

Hi Bach Pham,

I have just sent you an email via your ContactUs page to let you know what changes I have made to the JO Audio Player module to solve these issues. (Tested in IE, Firefox, Chrome, and iOS/Safari.

Best regards,

Richard
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds